Wayne Debt Collection Defense Lawyer
Have you been receiving constant calls from a debt collector?
Over the years, the debt collection process has become more aggressive and even, arguably, abusive. However, as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act clearly outlines, there are several lines a debt collector or a creditor cannot cross. According to the FDCPA, a debt collector is forbidden to:
- Contact a debtor at odd hours, especially between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Use foul or abusive language
- Contact a debtor even after a written notification to stop calls has been received by the collector
- Call a debtor's place of work after an employer specifically requested not to
- Contact an individual directly after being notified they have legal representation
- Contact a debtor's friends or family and share private information
- Repeatedly contact a debtor with the intent to harass or annoy him or her
If your abusive debt collector in Wayne has violated the FDCPA or your constitutional rights, it will be imperative to consult with a skilled and experienced debt collection defense attorney at my firm today. If I take your case and successfully litigate, the lawyer fees, including litigation costs and expenses are paid for by the debt collector. Even if there are no actual damages in your claim, you still may be awarded $1,000 for statutory damages.
Contact a Wayne Attorney for Debt Collection Defense
If you or a family member has had to endure unfair and abusive debt collection practices by a creditor or collector, you may be able to find compensation and relief from the annoying calls. Consult with my legal team at the Law Office of Michael P. Forbes to see how we can help you leave a debt collector solely responsible for the mess he or she has made.
Do not hesitate to contact a Wayne debt collection defense lawyer at my firm today!
Useful Links in Wayne
Map of Wayne