How To Deal With Account Errors Such As Misapplied Payments

Other preexisting mortgage protections will remain in place during the COVID-19 crisis. For example, if you believe that your payments are being misapplied or there are errors regarding the servicing of your mortgage, you can send your servicer a letter (called a “Qualified Written Request”) asking them to investigate the errors on your account or provide you with certain information regarding your loan. The CFPB has detailed information on their website about submitting a Qualified Written Request, as well as sample letters, at A consumer law attorney can also help you draft a Qualified Written Request.

Military members or veterans can call the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or visit the VA’s website at to get personalized assistance. Military members may also contact their local JAG office for more information.

Related Posts
  • Hayt Hayt & Landau Lawsuits Read More
  • FIA Card Services Lawsuits: What You Can Do Read More
  • Have You Been Sued by FIA Card Services in Pennsylvania? Read More