Federal law provides extensive protection for consumers who take out credit or loans. These laws are found in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and more. When a creditor or debt collection agency violates the terms of these and other debt collection laws, the consumer has every right to take action against them for restitution.
The top 10 collector violations are as follows:
- Calling repeatedly or continuously
- Calling before 8:00 a.m., after 9:00 p.m., or at any hour previously determined to be inconvenient to you
- Calling you at a number at which that you did not consent to be contacted
- Contacting you at work when it is known that your employer does not approve
- Using profanity or foul language
- Threatening to take actions they cannot or will not take
- Asking you to pay more than you owe
- Providing your debt information to a third party
- Failing to send a debt validation notice when requested
- Continuing collection practices after receiving a written request to stop collections
Why Hire a Pennsylvania Debt Collection Defense Lawyer?
The sooner you retain the services of a debt defense lawyer in Pennsylvania, the better. Your best chance at successfully stopping harassment and finding relief is by hiring a skilled attorney to represent you. At Michael P. Forbes, PC, I have represented victims of debt collector abuse for more than two decades. You can rest assured that my firm has what it takes to guide you through your legal process and help you fight for your consumer rights.
Contact my offices right away to learn more about how I can handle your case. My firm represents clients in Pennsylvania.
My goal is to reach as many people as possible to let them know that they do have the option to combat collection agency bullies.
CommittedMy firm is proud to deliver high-quality legal representation and compassionate counsel during this difficult time.
Over 25 years of experience and the qualifications to fight for you and your rights.
We fight back and make the debt collector pay YOU money for their abusive, harassing behavior.
Our Valued Clients Share Their Thoughts
I trust Michael and as a result I highly recommend him.Heather C.
"Fought for Me Like No Other. He's One of the Good Ones."J.W.
"Credit Report Inaccuracy Threatened My Promotion"R.T.
"Someone You Definitely Want in Your Corner"J.C.
"They are very straight forward and told us what to expect each step of the way. They are tireless advocates for their clients and profession."RD & AD
"He Got Me Out of a Financial Mess"Jerry Timlin
He managed to focus on the best outcomes for my family and our businessTH
Michael P Forbes
VOTED AS ONE OF PENNSYLVANIA'S TOP LAWYERS
Mr. Forbes has always been driven by the desire to help others. With that in mind he began his law career representing indigent families in the Philadelphia family law system for seven years.
Let’s Make Bankruptcy your Last Resort!Read Full Bio